While browsing a gallery of table settings on the vendor's Website this photo caught my attention for two reasons... ok make that three. First, look at that pretty patterned table cover; I like the break from the traditional solid-color table cover. Next, the baby blue glass charger; again, a nice break from the colors I have typically seen: gold, silver, and shiny red, dark green and purple. That blue reminds me of a clear sky or a calm sea... And I could use a trip to a tropical beach resort; the past few weeks at work have been quite draining!
Finally (the reason for this post), have you noticed the vegetable centerpieces? Let's make one of those! It looks like you would need for each table:
- 1 to 3 drinking glasses (do a trial and see how many you feel look best for event).
- 3 votive candles
- 1 to 3 large leaves (depending on what type you choose and what you feel looks best)
- Green vegetables: I cannot make out exactly which types of vegetables or plants are in the photo above, but I think these would work: artichokes, asparagus, celery may be? Head to the supermarket for these. I would also add small leaves to roll and place inside the glasses.
- These are mostly tropical leaves, depending on how many you need, if they are outside of your budget, try local plants that have relatively wide leaves. Make sure to ask how toxic the plant is before using it in your centerpiece.
- If you plan to use any vegetables or leaves not typically used in decorations, do a trial to make sure they don't give off any unpleasant or strong scent; that would make meal time unbearable!